Leather furniture is hugely popular in modern homes, and it isn’t hard to see why. It looks good, it lasts for ages and it can withstand most things a typical household can throw at it.
However, to avoid having to call in our upholstery cleaning in Manchester team too often, you’ll need to know how to look after your leather furniture properly.
Here are the 5 essential rules of leather furniture care:
1. Only use suitable cleaning products. If it’s not meant for cleaning leather furniture, don’t use it!
2. Keep it out of the sun. Leather can fade when it’s exposed to too much direct sunlight, so keep your curtains shut when you aren’t using the room.
3. Never scrub. Even on tough stains, you should never scrub at your leather sofa, as this could damage it. Instead, use the right products and gently wipe, or better yet – call in a professional cleaner for tough stains.
4. Avoid using baby wipes. Some people think that baby wipes are great for cleaning leather sofas and wiping up stains, but they can actually damage the material over time – so don’t do it!
5. Schedule regular professional cleaning. Even if you look after your leather furniture, it will benefit from a thorough clean by one of our professional upholstery cleaners Manchester.